According to the Officer of Inspector General (OIG):
- Estimation: Adverse events during the SNF stay were experienced in 22% of Medicare beneficiaries.
- 11% experienced temporary harm.
- Physician reviewers felt that 59% of these events were “clearly or likely preventable”
- More than 50% of these residents returned to the acute care setting for treatment
- Reference: Adverse Events in Skilled Nursing Facilities: National Incidence Among Medicare Beneficiaries, February 2014 (OEI-06-11-00370)
This Adverse Drug Event Quick Path provides the following streamlined resources and tools to help with system set up:
- Policies and procedures
- Employee Education Outline
- Key Medication Audits
- Monitoring systems
You must add this item to your cart and purchase the item. Once you have successfully purchased the item you will receive an email from email@example.com. In the email there will be a list of items you purchased. Any item that has a downloadable document will have the words “Download Files” to the right of the item. The words “Download Files” is a hyperlink that will bring you to our website to download the document. You must be logged into our shopping site with your username and password in order to download the file. Questions on how to download once you have purchased please call 1-877-777-5463 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org