This one day class will provide skilled nursing facility staff members with the knowledge and skill needed to accurately assign ICD-10-CM codes for clinical and billing practices. It will include coding from admission to discharge, understanding official coding guidelines, case study analysis, long term care coding instruction, and best practices for claim check review and the interdisciplinary team’s role in coding success.
- Interpret preadmission documentation
- Be able to list the codes for the admission record from referral documents
- Be fluent in managing the status of each diagnosis code
- Analyze and code Section I of the MDS
- Sequence codes correctly for billing purposes
Lake Elmo, MN - Pathway, 11240 Stillwater Blvd. North, Lake Elmo, MN 55042
PLEASE BRING YOUR CODING BOOK TO CLASS