This one day class will provide skilled nursing facility staff members with the knowledge and skill needed to accurately assign ICD-10-CM codes for clinical and billing practices. It will include coding from admission to discharge, understanding official coding guidelines, case study analysis, long term care coding instruction, and best practices for claim check review and the interdisciplinary team’s role in coding success.
• Interpret preadmission documentation
• Be able to list the codes for the admission record from the H&P and DC Summary
• Be fluent in managing the status of each diagnosis code
• Analyze and code Section I of the MDS
• Sequence codes correctly for the billing process
• Evaluate final bills utilizing claim check review process
Lake Elmo, MN - Pathway, 11240 Stillwater Blvd. North, Lake Elmo, MN 55042
Kenosha, WI - St. Joseph's Home, 9244 29th Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53143
PLEASE BRING YOUR CODING BOOK TO CLASS
This educational offering has been reviewed by the National Continuing Education Review Service (NCERS) of the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) and approved for 6 clock hours and 6 participant hours.