Join us for this 2-day information packed introductory course for new Infection Preventionist! This entry level course is intended for nurses new to the position of Infection Preventionist. This fast-paced class will provide the basics of learning key aspects of the role necessary to begin the job of Infection Preventionist.
The Infection Prevention and Control Manual print version is included with the price of the training.
Objectives: Upon completion of this program attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the role of the Infection Preventionist
2. Verbalize the components of an effective Infection Prevention and Control Program
3. Describe the daily responsibilities of the Infection Preventionist
4. Discuss the 2 types of surveillance and how to implement in the facility
5. Outline an education process for new and existing employees for best practices
6. Describe how to access key resources for updated information for program inclusion
Lake Elmo, MN - Pathway Health, 11240 Stillwater Blvd. N., Lake Elmo, MN 55042
Waterloo, IL, August 16-17, 2018 - 9am-4pm CT - Oak Hill, 623 Hamacher Street, Waterloo, IL 62298
This educational offering has been approved by the Florida Board of Nursing.