Join us for this information packed introductory course for new Infection Preventionist! This course is intended for nurses new to the position of Infection Preventionist or a refresher! This fast-paced class will provide the basics of learning key aspects of the role necessary for the job of Infection Preventionist, address regulatory requirements, key best practices and implementation strategies.
The Infection Prevention and Control Manual print version is included with the price of the training.
Objectives: Upon completion of this program attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the role of the Infection Preventionist
2. Verbalize the components of an effective Infection Prevention and Control Program
3. Describe the daily responsibilities of the Infection Preventionist
4. Discuss the 2 types of surveillance and how to implement in the facility
5. Outline an education process for new and existing employees for best practices
6. Describe how to access key resources for updated information for program inclusion
Lake Elmo, MN - Pathway Health, 11240 Stillwater Blvd. N., Lake Elmo, MN 55042
Wauwatosa, WI - Luther Manor, 4545 N 92nd Street, Wauwatosa, WI 53225
Madrid, IA, - Madrid Home for the Aging, 613 West North Street, Madrid, IA 50156
Westmont, IL - Chicago Club Inn 630 Pasquinelli Drive Westmont, IL 60559
This educational offering has been approved by the Florida Board of Nursing.