Phase II of the Requirements of Participation for long term care facilities requires the completion of a Facility Assessment (F838). The facility assessment is not to be a “cookie cutter” approach to documenting assessment findings, rather it should reflect the individuality of the facility’s specific resident population, programs, and services.
Pathway has designed a comprehensive toolkit - The RoP Facility Assessment Toolkit © - is designed to assist leaders with the tools, resources and staff education to complete and support their individual facility assessment.
This comprehensive Toolkit provides practical, step-by-step guidance for organizations as they work with their teams to evaluate the facility resident population, resource availability and allocation in accordance with resident care and service needs and the other required components to develop their written facility assessment.
The RoP Facility Assessment Toolkit © is customizable to meet specific State and organization needs. The toolkit includes:
- Leadership Implementation Strategies and Resources
- Facility Implementation Guide and Checklist
- Facility Assessment Policy and Procedure
- Organization Data Needs for the Facility Assessment
- Facility Assessment Template with Instructions and a customizable template for completion
- Required Facility Assessment Components including worksheets, data sources, tools and resources
- Facility Resident Population
- Personnel Resources
- Evaluation of Training Programs
- Infection Control
- Policy and Procedure Review Process
- Facility and Community Risk Assessment
- Resources - Physical Plant and Equipment (Medical and Non-Medical)
- Health Information Technology
- Third Party Agreements, Contracts, Memorandum of Understanding
- Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI)
- Training Plan for your facility
- Competency Test and Answer Key – related to the Facility Assessment
- Education PowerPoint - Facility Assessment Overview
- Performance Improvement Resources