Choose Your Options
Virtual Training Session
If you don't see a session that meets your needs click here: http://www.pathwayhealth.com/contact-us/
This class will offer training on coding terms, conventions, official coding guidelines, basic coding knowledge, with practice in coding using case studies for each chapter in ICD-10-CM. In addition to education on diagnosis management, a brief overview of Medicare and the PDPM process is included as it relates to ICD-10-CM. Participants will learn and improve their coding skills and understand coding for the skilled level of care stay. This method will allow the attendees to understand coding in a workshop environment processing case studies within each chapter.
As a result of this presentation the participant will be able to:
1. Express an understanding of the ICD-10-CM Official coding guidelines.
2. Review and interpret documentation used to assign appropriate codes.
3. Demonstrate the ability to assign correct codes with use of an ICD-10-CM Coding Manual.
4. Discuss the importance of managing the status of each diagnosis code as it relates to Medicare, PDPM reimbursement and care planning.
5. Apply a better understanding of coding MDS Section I, with need for accuracy as it relates to resident care planning and reimbursement.
6. Identify the importance of correct sequencing of diagnoses for the billing process.
7. Recognize and apply the current guidelines for correct coding of COVID-19 diagnosis and related conditions.
8. Review and explain the claim check review process.
No Refunds issued after training materials have been sent.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Coding books are required for this training
This Educational offering has been approved by the Florida Board of Nursing