This 4 day comprehensive course will walk the nurse through key nursing operational components of the DON position! If you are a new DON, an Assistant DON or Nurse who would like more information on the nursing leadership role, this is the course for you!
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the organizational planning necessary for a DON.
- Verbalize the DON Role in budget management in relation to resident acuity and staff management.
- Describe the essential steps in safety management of resident care.
- Identify key systems (Falls, Wounds, Infection Control, Pain, etc.) and how to ensure evidence based policies and procedures as well as consistent implementation are instituted.
- Verbalize the necessary key human resource “need to knows” for the DON.
- Describe the importance of relationships: Residents, Families, Administrator, IDT, Nursing Management Team, Staff, Medical Director, Pharmacy Consultant, Hospital Discharge Planners and Surveyors.
- Describe the DON’s role in medication management in the facility
- Verbalize the necessary staff education components
- Verbalize the DON’s role in oversight of MDS, Medicare management, reimbursement and related documentation systems.
- Verbalize the DON’s role in oversight of the facility nursing documentation system and follow through
- Describe the DON role in preparation and management of the survey process.
- Identify the DON’s role in Quality Assurance and QAPI in the facility.
Director of Nursing Resource Manual print version, included in the price of training.
Lake Elmo, MN - Fireside Education Center - 11240 Stillwater Blvd N, Lake Elmo, MN 55042
This educational offering has been approved by the Florida Board of Nursing.