NOW VIRTUAL - VIA ZOOM MEETINGS
This course is intended for nurses new to the position of Infection Preventionist or as a refresher for experienced Infection Preventionists!
This fast-paced class will provide the basics of learning key aspects of the role necessary for the job of Infection Preventionist, address regulatory requirements, key best practices and implementation strategies.
The Infection Prevention and Control Manual is included with the price of the training.
Objectives: Upon completion of this program attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the role of the Infection Preventionist
2. Verbalize the components of an effective Infection Prevention and Control Program
3. Describe the daily responsibilities of the Infection Preventionist
4. Discuss the 2 types of surveillance and how to implement in the facility
5. Outline an education process for new and existing employees for best practices
6. Describe how to access key resources for updated information for program inclusion
For those registering less than 2 weeks prior to the start date, you may not receive your print manual prior to the first day of class.
No refunds will be issued after materials are sent.
This educational offering has been approved by the Florida Board of Nursing.
This educational offering has been reviewed by the National Continuing Education Review Service (NCERS) of the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) and approved for 12 clock hours and 12 participant hours. If you wish to provide feedback to NCERS, email@example.com.