VIRTUAL TRAINING VIA ZOOM MEETINGS
This class is designed to provide the new MDS Coordinator with the knowledge to accurately code each section of the MDS.
The class reviews each section of the MDS, the RAI manual instructions for coding as well as practical tips about where to find the supporting documentation and how to assist other disciplines with accurate coding of assigned sections. The class includes an expanded look at MDS scheduling for OBRA and PPS and an expanded look at appropriate completion of Care Area Assessments.
- Discuss the RAI defined intent of each MDS section
- Identify correct coding for each MDS Section including the typical location of supporting documentation
- Define strategies to assist other disciplines to correctly complete assigned MDS sections
- Demonstrate knowledge of OBRA and PPS assessment scheduling
- Discuss critical information to communicate to the billing staff
- Discuss validation reports contents and practical use
- Review the MDS items and mechanisms that trigger CAA
- Demonstrate ability to complete a CAA
- Demonstrate ability to write a person-centered care plan using MDS and CAA information
Audience: New MDS Coordinators and anyone wanting comprehensive knowledge of MDS coding, Scheduling and Care Area Assessments.
No Refunds issued after materials have been sent.
This Educational offering has been approved by the Florida Board of Nursing 17.5 hours